A wild mage used this spell to protect themself during a surge of magical energy. The spell did not protect the caster from a wild surge caused by another caster's spell. The spell did not differentiate between negative or positive effects of a wild surge, the caster was protected from both. The spell only protected the caster, anyone in their vicinity was still at risk. It was often cast after the Nahal's reckless dweomer spell.
- Chaos Shield article at the Baldur's Gate Wiki, a wiki for the Baldur's Gate games.
- Chaos Shield article at the Icewind Dale Wiki, a wiki for the Icewind Dale game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Mark Middleton et al (November 1996). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume One. (TSR, Inc), p. 132. ISBN 978-0786904365.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ Schlieker Design (2001). Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal Game Manual , link:. (BioWare).