Charm person or mammal was an enchantment spell that could favorably alter the attitude toward the caster of one humanoid person or mammalian creature.
This spell charmed any small to mid-sized humanoid or mammal that was the target of the spell. After casting, the targeted individual saw the caster as a trusted ally and long-time friend. The spell did not allow the caster to control the targeted creature. The spell also did not alter the individual's alignment or personality. The spell could be removed with a dispel magic spell.
- Charm Person or Mammal article at the Baldur's Gate Wiki, a wiki for the Baldur's Gate games.
- Charm Person or Mammal article at the Icewind Dale Wiki, a wiki for the Icewind Dale game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 203. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 258. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 186. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 55. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.