Chondalwood is a large forest located in Chondath in the Vilhon Reach, stretching from the Nunwood to the Nagaflow River. It is also known as Satyrwood. The village of Elbulder is to the south of the forest.
History[edit | edit source]
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
As of 1368 DR, troops of satyrs patrolled the Old Road, scaring travelers into making haste out of the forest or to go around it, and the forest was also inhabited by voadkyn (wood giants) and centaurs. As of 1372 DR, savage druids lived in the forest and posed a threat to anyone approaching them. Clans of ghostwise halflings still roam about the forest, never staying in one spot for too long. Various plant creatures such as shambling mounds and tendriculos also live here. All of these intelligent races had one goal in mind: to prevent human encroachment.
The Eldreth Veluuthra were active in this forest, and as of 1374 DR, generally received support from the forest's inhabitants such as the centaurs, ghostwise halflings and satyrs. The wild elves in the forest provided the organization's agents with shelter. Talindra Amalith of the Vel'Nikeryma (the Eldreth Veluuthra's guiding council) sought out new wild elf recruits in this area.
People[edit | edit source]
Rumors[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 217. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Jim Butler (1996). The Vilhon Reach (Dungeon Master's Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-0400-3.
- Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- Jeff Crook, Wil Upchurch, Eric L. Boyd (May 2005). Champions of Ruin. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 79. ISBN 0-7869-3692-4.
- Jeff Crook, Wil Upchurch, Eric L. Boyd (May 2005). Champions of Ruin. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 80. ISBN 0-7869-3692-4.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Jason Carl (November 2001). Lords of Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 168. ISBN 0-7869-1989-2.
- Jim Butler (1996). The Vilhon Reach (Dungeon Master's Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 21. ISBN 0-7869-0400-3.
Alaghôn • Aphrunn Mountains • Centaur Bridge • Daroush • Gildenglade • Ironcloak • Jathrin's Jump • Lilit Pass • Morningstar Hollows • Mountains of the Alaoreum • Nonthal • The Orbrekh • Orsraun Mountains • Ravilar's Cloak • Xorhun
Arrabar • The Chondalwood • Hlath • Iljak • Samra • Shamph
Elbulder • Fort Arran • Golden Plains • Mimph • Naga Plains • The Nagaflow • Nagawater • Ormpetarr • Serpents' Holding
The Shining Plains
Assam • Cedarsproke • Deepwing Mountains • Gulthmere Forest • Lheshayl • Ormath • Rushing Hills • Urml • Wetwoods