Come explore the greatest city of the Realms in this incredible new boxed set dealing with urban fantasy adventures. Waterdeep is detailed in no less than 10 expanded maps, embellished with typical building interiors suitable for use in any campaign setting. In addition, a full-size poster of Waterdeep is provided, along with a grand-scale three-dimensional map of Castle Waterdeep, hub of the city's government. In addition to all of these maps, a 32 page City System booklet provides encounters and street scenes, special features and details of Waterdeep, and methods of creating types of buildings in monuments in the pockets of those unfortunate enough to get in a player character's way. Designed for use with Waterdeep, these new features are suitable for use anywhere in the Forgotten Realms!It's all here-all you add is your imagination.
- Using This Product
- A Brief Timeline
- Rulership, Peacekeeping, and Justice
- City Buildings
- City Services
- Street Scenes
- Recurrent Situations
- Picking Pockets, Short Version and Long Version
According to trusted designer Eric L. Boyd, this book's designer Ed Greenwood noted that when the team was designing the map for City System they did not consult his master map. As a result, many named streets and alleys were thought to have no name, which the team took as an opportunity to name some after staff at TSR, Inc. Over time with later products, some of these names were replaced with their original ones.
- Design: Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood
- Editing: Karen Boomgarden
- Cover Art: Larry Elmore
- Cartography: Dennis Kauth and Frey Graphics
- Typography: Betty Elmore
- Keylining: Stephanie Tabat
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (September 1988). City System. Edited by Karen Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc.), p. 1. ISBN 0-8803-8600-2.
- Jennell Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (September 1988). City System. Edited by Karen Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 1–32. ISBN 0-8803-8600-2.
- ericlboyd (2020-05-22). City System Map & Street of Six Casks. Candlekeep Forum. Archived from the original on 2021-08-22. Retrieved on 2021-08-22.