Golden Huzuz, the City of Delights, is the "heart of the heart" of the enlightened lands. It is the religious and political center of Zakhara and, say its inhabitants, the most beautiful city in the entire world. But beneath the beauty lies mystery, for the court of the Grand Caliph is as full of intrigue as the Grand Bazaar is full of adventures waiting to happen. Come, explore the delights and dangers of Huzuz the Golden, heart of the AL-QADIM campaign world.
Description[edit | edit source]
This boxed set describes Zakhara's principal jewel, the Golden City of Huzuz – huge, filled with every imaginable item and service, and saturated with intrigue and mystery. Each of the 800,000 citizens has a story, such as: how the merchant Khwaja al-Danaf gained his fortune; how the Talking Bird and Singing Tree came to the garden in the Palace of the Enlightened Throne; and how the Caliph's elven concubine Halima gained a winged cat.
The book provides hints on what player characters may want to do in Huzuz: An ethoist priest wants to preach in the great Golden Mosque, so the Mosque entry tells whom to talk to. A sha'ir wants to study with Adnan al-Raqi, Master of the Invisible, the Whisper that Thunders, so the book tells how to find his tower and how to become his apprentice. For the rogue, details are provided on sneaking into the Caliph's harem.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Book 1 Gem of Zakhara
- Chapter 1: Overview of the City
- Chapter 2: The Warehouse District and Harbor
- Chapter 3: The Caravan Districts and Trade Routes
- Chapter 4: The Grand Bazaar and Scattered Shops
- Chapter 5: The Pilgrims' District and the Great Mosques
- Chapter 6: The Court Districts and the Palace of the Enlightened Throne
- Book 2 Golden Huzuz
- Chapter 1: Daily Life in Huzuz
- Chapter 2: Law, Politics, and Government
- Chapter 3: Powerful Groups of Huzuz
- Chapter 4: Personalities of Huzuz
- Chapter 5: The City of Delights Campaign
- Chapter 6: Adventures in Huzuz
- Appendix A: New Magic of Huzuz
- 8 full-color reference cards
- 8 MONSTROUS COMPENDIUM sheets
- 1 clear map overlay for measuring distance
- 2 full-color poster map sheets!
Index[edit | edit source]
- Hall of the Courtiers
- Amon abd al-Wajib
Appendix[edit | edit source]