Cloudkill would release a yellowish green cloud that was heavier than air so it would always sink to the ground or into holes. When cast, the cloud would travel away from the caster and could be broken apart by strong winds or dense vegetation. The cloud would instantly kill "weak" creatures and greatly injure stronger creatures with its poison. It did not matter if the creature held its breath as the poison would still affect it.
After the Spellplague, the cloud would only harm targets and could be moved by the wizard who also needed to sustain it. The post-Second Sundering version had some of the same features as the older versions, like being heavy and affecting creatures whether they held their breath or didn't need to breath. This version also lasted for 10 minutes and moved 10 feet (3 meters) every 6 seconds away from the caster. If used with a higher spell level, it would cause more damage.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 22, 24, 26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 222. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 96. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 38. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 166. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 210. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 166. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 183. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 79. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 222. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.