Cold iron was a type of iron. It was forged at a lower temperature than normal iron or steel, in order to preserve its properties. It was mined deep underground and famed for its efficacy against fey creatures.
Cost[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notable Cold Iron Items[edit | edit source]
- The rare holy avenger blades prized by paladins were forged of cold iron.
- The wizard Sememmon possessed masterwork daggers made from cold iron.
- Cold iron was known to be forged into thick manacles, used to restrain wizards, containing their magical abilities. Such manacles were also known to be used on fey, preventing them from teleporting.
References[edit | edit source]
- Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 284. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- Obsidian Entertainment (November 2008). Designed by Tony Evans. Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Atari.
- Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 226. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- George Krashos (July 2007). “Volo's Guide: Renegades of Darkhold”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #357 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 74.
- Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (November 1988). Azure Bonds. (TSR, Inc), p. 309. ISBN 0-8803-8612-6.
- Rodney Thompson, Claudio Pozas, Steve Townshend (2011). Heroes of the Feywild. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 133. ISBN 978-0786958368.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.