Complete Mage is an accessory for the 3.5th-edition of Dungeons & Dragons® ruleset.
Every sentient creature is born with some potential to work magic. However, true mastery of arcane magic requires skill, practice, and power beyond the reach of common folk—specifically, the power to harness raw magic and shape it into a desired effect. You are among those gifted few who have learned to channel arcane magic, shaping it to serve your creative or destructive whims.This D&D supplement is intended for players and Dungeon Masters. In addition to providing the definitive treatise on arcane magic, it expands the character options available to users of arcane magic, including bards, sorcerers, wizards, assassins, warlocks, and wu jen. Herein you’ll find never-before-seen prestige classes, spells and invocations, magic items, alchemical items, heritage feats, and reserve feats (a new type of feat that grants special abilities to those who remain charged with magical power). Alternative class features give other character classes—from the barbarian to the rogue—a little taste of what it’s like to be an arcanist without sacrificing their core identities.
- Chapter 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 2: Character Options
- Chapter 3: Prestige Classes
- Chapter 4: Spells and Invocations
- Chapter 5: Arcane Items
- Chapter 6: Arcane Adventures
The first chapter explains the eight schools of magic and provides arcane archetypes. The arcane archetypes and the blaster, booster, controller, generalist, necromaster, sniper, spy, strategist, summoner and warrior. In chapter two, there are new special abilities that can replace the special abilities of any class, even non-arcane classes.
The third chapter introduces eleven new prestige classes. These are the abjurant champion, the eldritch disciple, the eldritch theurge, the enlightened spirit, the holy scourge, the lyric thaumaturge, the master specialist, the nightmare spinner, the ultimate magus, the unseen seer and the wild soul. Chapter four presents about 120 new spells and invocations. The spells include spells for bards, clerics, druids, paladins, rangers, sorcerers, wizards, assassins, hexblades, warmages and wu jen.
Chapter Five presents new magic items such as the Rod of Eldritch Power, and other tewnty other magic items with arcane power. The last chapter of this book gives a table of random adventure scenarios with an arcane theme. This chapter is for the Dungeon Master.
- Design: Skip Williams, Penny Williams, Ari Marmell, Kolja Raven Liquette
- Development Team: Andy Collins, Michele Carter, Matthew Sernett
- Editors: Michele Carter, M. Alexander Jurkat
- Editing Manager: Kim Mohan
- Design Manager: Christopher Perkins
- Development Manager: Jesse Decker
- Director of RPG R&D: Bill Slavicsek
- Production Managers: Josh Fischer, Randall Crews
- Senior Art Director D&D: Stacy Longstreet
- Art Director: Karin Jaques
- Cover Artist: Matt Cavotta
- Interior Artists: Miguel Coimbra, Eric Deschamps, Wayne England, Carl Frank, Randy Gallegos, Ralph Horsley, Jim Nelson, Eric Polak, Mike Schley, Ron Spencer, Anne Stokes, Arnie Swekel, Eva Widermann, Kieran Yanner
- Cartographer: Mike Schley
- Graphic Designer:Karin Jaques
- Graphic Production Specialist: Angelika Lokotz
- Image Technician: Christina Wiley
- Complete Mage Art Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. (2006-10-06). Archived from the original on 2015-09-10. Retrieved on 2021-10-31.
- Complete Mage Map Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. (2006-10-30). Archived from the original on 2015-09-10. Retrieved on 2021-10-31.
- Excerpts: Complete Mage (HTML). Excerpts Archive. Wizards of the Coast. (2006-09-26). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2021-10-31.
- Complete Mage Errata (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. (2007-11-09). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-04.
- Dungeon Masters Guild product page
|3rd and 3.5 edition|
|Arms and Equipment Guide | Complete Adventurer | Complete Arcane | Complete Champion | Complete Divine | Complete Mage | Complete Psionic | Complete Warrior | Defenders of the Faith | Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons | Epic Level Handbook | Expanded Psionics Handbook | Manual of the Planes | Masters of the Wild | Oriental Adventures | Psionics Handbook | Savage Species | Spell Compendium | Stormwrack | Unearthed Arcana|