Constructs are either animated objects or any type of artificially constructed creatures. Most constructs are non-intelligent automatons with neither a soul nor a purpose beyond service to their creator. Because few constructs are truly alive, usually operated only by a "spark" of life, most are immune to attacks that target the living. These "dead" constructs possess low-light vision and darkvision and are immune to mind-altering, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease-related, and death effects. Neither do these constructs require sleep or take part in any metabolic activities, such as eating or breathing.
Types of Constructs[edit | edit source]
Crawling Claws[edit | edit source]
- These constructs are masses of amputated left humanoid hands.
Golem[edit | edit source]
- These constructs are an amalgam of several types of magically created combatants with incredible defenses.
Helmed Horror[edit | edit source]
- plate mail armor. These constructs are animated suits of
Homunculus[edit | edit source]
- These small constructs are created to aid spellcasters.
Inevitables[edit | edit source]
- Dweomerheart. These constructs come from
Nimblewrights[edit | edit source]
- These thin, dexterous and intelligent constructs are often employed for stealth missions.
Shield Guardian[edit | edit source]
- wizards. These large constructs serve to protect
Tomb Tappers[edit | edit source]
- Netheril. These constructs were long ago creations of
Appendix[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]