Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave is an adventure module set in the Forgotten Realms using the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition ruleset. It was designed by Richard Baker, David Noonan, Bruce R. Cordell, James Wyatt, and Matthew Sernett, and designed for four 4th-level PCs who are expected to reach 7th or 8th level by the conclusion. Based in Wheloon in Cormyr, the Vast Swamp, and the Plane of Shadow in 1374 DR, it sees players investigate a false temple of Mystra, battle through lizardfolk, and uncover a plot by followers of Shar and Cyric to tear a hole in the Weave to create a vast dead-magic zone.
|“||Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave is the first-ever Forgotten Realms hardcover super-adventure! Designed to take characters from 4th to 8th level, the adventure pits the heroes against the evil agents of Shar and Cyric as they plot to corrupt the worship of Mystra, goddess of magic. The adventure begins in Cormyr, but the characters must also travel to the Plane of Shadow to thwart the villains' machinations.||”|
Delve into Darkness, Bring the Truth to Light
Beyond the pristine façade of the Temple of Mystra, a sinister conspiracy threatens the future of Cormyr. Profane acts within the temple hearken to a mounting threat in the Vast Swamp. Adventurers must cross into the Plane of Shadow to unlock the truth about this growing darkness in time to thwart an attack against Cormyr and the goddess of magic herself.
This FORGOTTEN REALMS® campaign adventure is designed for characters of levels 4–7. It can be played as a stand-alone adventure or as the first adventure in a three-part series. Each encounter contains special tactical information for the Dungeon Master and expanded map features for ease of play.
A new temple to Mystra has been built in the town of Wheloon. A traveling cleric of the Lady of Mysteries is overjoyed that his faith finally has a temple in Cormyr but when he goes to visit it he barely escapes with his life. He hires the players to investigate. Once inside, they discover that the priesthood is dominating magically adept supplicants and sending them into the Vast Swamp. Following the trail, they meet some lizardfolk who reveal that some of their brethren are being turned into undead and the dominated people go into a castle but never come out again. The undead guard the castle and the party has to fight their way through them to reach a portal to the Plane of Shadow. On the Shadow Plane, they find a monastery and discover a plot by Sharran and Cyricist priests to create a huge area of dead magic. From there they descend into a canyon and battle their way through the native creatures of the plane to find Despayr, the black dragon behind the entire plot. If the party succeeds, the Weave will heal itself, if they fail, Cormyr is in serious trouble.
- Naedaenya Arthas • Asanta • Ashala • Baerill • Amnic Basult • Mela Basult • Bestra Mornscroll • Dava • Despayr • Katriana Donohar • Coobert Draftworth • Tunaster Dranik • Bineera Ethar • Deinyn Fembrys • Londal Fen • Gathan • Ghaan • Durgen Glintstone • Grask • Gruss • Albhaera Haerldoun • Halish • Hanno • Kareem Hastith • Isti-Zar • Kessessek • Kevrin• Kossaandar • Kruthaak • Kurash • Malkarion • Maurran • Mendios • Buldegas Mhaerkoon • Mhair • Nym "Slowtooth" Nindar • Zendaros Rallogar • Sarp Redbeard • Illumor Sendever • Smile • Smote • Ketsarra Shadowscale • Shan Thar • Sithen • Sithierel • Steersissk • Thendric • Thieraven • Orlenstar Thirthorn • Maximanus Tholl • Tholwick • Veera Wavecrest • Norry Waywocket • Whispermere guardian • Zephan
- Referenced only
- Chonis • Harrandave Donohar • Duncan • Dusk Lord • Enchara • Klaire Gatewood • Esvele Graycastle • Jhalass Huntsilver • Kenniwick • Azoun Obarskyr III • Boldovar Obarskyr • Bryntarth Obarskyr • Dhalmass Obarskyr • Galaghard Obarskyr III • Palaghard Obarskyr I • Skurge (unnamed) • Sambar • Tyra
- bat (swarm)
- shadow guard • temple guard
- banelar • black dragon • dark one (dark creeper • dark stalker) • displacer serpent • earth elemental • ephemeral (dusk beast) • grell • lesser knell beetle • lizardfolk (Blackscale • Poison Dusk) • otyugh (amphibious) • shadar-kai • shadow beast (khumat • ghirrash) • shadow elemental • shadow mastiff • shambling mound • shocker lizard • statue of Mystra • stirge • viper (small) • will-o'-wisp
- ash • birch • blueleaf • cypress • oak • willow
- dark • shadowslain
- Referenced only
- orc • pegasus
- Buildings & Sites
- 23 Impil Street • Basult's Books • The Green • God's Grove • Golden Ruins • Haerldoun's Helms and Shields • Hanno's Herbs and Medicines • Harvest Hall • Hermit's Wood • Lantern Inn and Boathouse • Lost Refuge • Rallogar's Hardware • Oldstone Hall • Sendever's Stables • Shadow Citadel • Shadowscale Warren • Sharptooth Encampment • Skull Staff • Slowtooth Weaponry • Temple of Mystra • Temple of Old Night • Tomb of Chonis • Lost Refuge • Wheloon Jail • Wheloon Moothouse • Wheloon Watch House • Wyvern Ferry Route • Wyvern Watch Inn • Unknown Shrine
- Hullack Trail • Impil Street • Way of the Manticore
- Black Rift • Black Tree Bend • dark lake • Eastern Plains • Rathool's Pool • Shadow Swamp • Vast Swamp • Whispermere • Wyvernflow
- Plane of Shadow
- Referenced only
- Arabel • Archendale • Bogbrook • Calimport • Chonis' Temple • Darkflow River • House of Night • Esparin • Immersea • Marsember • Monksblade • Nine Hells • Saerloon • Shadowdale • Sea of Fallen Stars • Semberholme • Sembia • Sessrendale • Thunder Peaks • Tower of Mystery
- Weave • dead-magic zone
- Magical items
- disc of secrets • gal-ralan • Starry Gnosis • stone salve
- Magical sites
- Dusk Lord's Passage • Dusk Lord's throne • failed Shadow Gate
- Referenced only
- arcane mark • discern lies • lens of detection • silent image • slaying arrow • slippers of spider climbing • undetectable alignment
Anauroch: The Empire of Shade • City of the Spider Queen • Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave • Into the Dragon's Lair • Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor • Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land • Sons of Gruumsh • The Twilight Tomb