The Council of Six was the governing body of Mistledale during the 14th century DR. Its representatives included local leaders, village chiefs, and distinguished farmers who were informally elected from all the corners of the dale. The council met four times a year, once per season, to discuss pressing matters of Mistledale.
A High Councilor was chosen from among the council, to handle the day-to-day administration of the dale as well as command its law enforcement, the Riders of Mistledale. The High Councilor's symbol of power was the Rod of Peldan.
- Haresk Malorn: The High Councilor was known as a wise and honest man.
- Sister Alena: A young priestess of Chauntea from the Abbey of the Golden Sheaf.
- Dumic the Red: This loud and brash rancher hailed from the western region of the dale.
- Targen Holdfast: A woodsman and retired adventurer.
- Ulwen Sharin: The graceful head of the Sharin freehold.