Being reptiles, crocodiles were quite vulnerable to cold, becoming slow and sluggish if exposed to it.
Their four legs, though short, were noted as being quite powerful in terms of propelling them rapidly through their watery habitats.
Crocodiles mated once every year, laying clutches of up to 60 eggs that they then buried beneath sand. Unlike some reptiles, a female crocodile was known to carefully guard her clutch of eggs against any potential predators. When the eggs eventually hatched the mother would assist her young in getting free of the sand, but thereafter would leave them to fend for themselves. As a result, typically very few hatchlings would manage to survive to maturity.
Crocodiles typically preferred to ambush their enemies, sneaking up on them and using their powerful jaws to drag people below the water. While some would try to dismember their prey once below the waters, often times crocodiles attempted to drag prey back to their lairs before feasting upon them. When attacking in a group, crocodiles would take turns tearing off chunks of their prey's flesh.
They were also known to lash out with their long tails, using them to disrupt an opponent's balance.
Myths & RumorsEdit
There were rumors that somehow crocodiles had made their way into the sewers of cities in tropical regions and were living off the urban environments' various waste and carrion.
- Giant crocodile, more commonly found in salt water.
- Feymire crocodile, typically found in marshes in the Feywild.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Video Games
- Curse of the Azure Bonds
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 268, 271. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 49. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 320. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 45. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 15. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Christopher Perkins, Will Doyle, Steve Winter (September 19, 2017). Tomb of Annihilation. Edited by Michele Carter, Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 194. ISBN 978-0-7869-6610-3.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 304–305. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Gregory Detwiler (December 1986). “By Tooth and Claw”. Dragon #116 (TSR, Inc.), p. 63.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 324. ISBN 978-0786965614.