Daggers were short, two-sided blades used for stabbing and thrusting. They were not as long as a short sword, but were larger than a common knife. Daggers were also easily thrown as improvised ranged weapons and were excellent for use in an off-hand for those who preferred dual-wielding melee weapons. They were also occasionally used as implements by sorcerers.
- Daggers were often considered favored weapons for a wide variety of deities. This included Deneir, Gargauth, Savras, Isis, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Abbathor, Fenmarel Mestarine, Baravar Cloakshadow, and Brandobaris.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 35, 37. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), p. 108. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 116. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 218. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- Logan Bonner, Eytan Bernstein, & Chris Sims (September 2008). Adventurer's Vault: Arms and Equipment for All Character Classes. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 9. ISBN 978-07869-4978-6.
- Rob Heinsoo, Mike Mearls, Robert Schwalb (2009-01-26). “The Sorcerer, Levels 1-3”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #371 (Wizards of the Coast).
- Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 137. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 234, 236, 238, 240. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.