The material used for daggers varied widely. Beyond metals, some common materials were bone and stone. In addition to these two materials, the people of Serôs were known to make daggers from coral.
Daggers were easily thrown as improvised ranged weapons. They were excellent for use in an off-hand, for those who preferred dual-wielding melee weapons. And they were also occasionally used as implements by sorcerers.
- Daggers were often considered favored weapons for a wide variety of deities. This included Deneir, Gargauth, Savras, Isis, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Abbathor, Fenmarel Mestarine, Baravar Cloakshadow, and Brandobaris.
Regions & Settlements
- Daggers were among the weapons widely used by the people of Serôs. They were often strengthed with enchantments so they could hold additional magic, with a common enchanment being free action. This particular enchantment allowed them to overcome the issues of water pressure and water resistance.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 35, 37. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), p. 108. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 116. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 218. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- Logan Bonner, Eytan Bernstein, & Chris Sims (September 2008). Adventurer's Vault: Arms and Equipment for All Character Classes. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 9. ISBN 978-07869-4978-6.
- Rob Heinsoo, Mike Mearls, Robert Schwalb (2009-01-26). “The Sorcerer, Levels 1-3”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #371 (Wizards of the Coast).
- Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 137. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 35. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 234, 236, 238, 240. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 110. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.