The Dale Council was a group of six elected councilors, headquartered in Highcastle, that governed High Dale within the Dalelands. They were chaired by a 7th member, known as the High Constable, who was elected by the members of the council.The well-organized council was responsible for law and order within, and defense of, the dale; trade regulation; and relations with other nations.
Each councilor served a six-year term, with elections for a single seat being held every year. Their members included:
- Blakkal Mord: Posing as a leather-worker, Blakkal was in fact a secret agent of the Cult of the Dragon.
- Irreph Mulmar: The adventurer Irreph served as High Constable in the late 14th century, with a brief reprieve during the Zhent occupation around the Time of Troubles of 1358 DR when he led the defense of the dale.
- Tyran Greene: A veteran of the Pegasus Archery Company.
- Varana Brighthelm: Despite the office she held, she still found time to foray into adventures.
- Darun Lockmaster: Darun was Highcastle's master armorsmith and locksmith.
- Serena Whitelock: One of the more affluent sheep farmers within High Dale.
- Renoen the Fair: A charming and charismatic woman, she was only the wizard of note in Highcastle.
- Francan Fireblade: This retired Cormyrean adventurer retired in Highcastle after the Time of Troubles.