Dapplegate was governed by a council of forty merchants. They held council in the Council Hall, a small keep located next to the Place of Arrows.
Dapplegate was home to a wide variety of crafters. It's location made it a center for import/export businesses, importing trade goods from Calimshan and goods from across the Border Kingdoms were exported from the towns large port district.
The Place of Arrows was the large central marketplace of Dapplegate. It was surrounded by a ring of eight ponds, which were themselves surrounded by a waist-high wall and was used by the merchants as water holes for their draft animals.
The north bank of the River Scelptar, and the marshes between Dapplegate and the Shining Sea, were populated by Lizardfolk and Mudmaws. Therefore, there was a large demand for hired guards for merchant barges and caravans, and more than six mercenary companies bases were located in the town.
- Tilbar Tarnalar, council member and owner of Tarnalar's Tipple, originally from Sword Coast North.
- Master Merchant Nurath Cheldin, council member and moneylender, originally from Calimshan.
- Danchilaer the Mad Mage, a renegade mage from Halruaa who lived in Dapplegate for four hundred years. Rumoured to be either long-lived or undead.
- Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (March 2006). Power of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 137. ISBN 0-7869-3910-9.
- Ed Greenwood (March 1996). “Elminster's Everwinking Eye: Dapplegate and Derlusk”. In Duane Maxwell ed. Polyhedron #117 (TSR, Inc.), p. 19–21.
Adaerglast • Bedorn • Barony of Blacksaddle • Burntbridges • High Emmerock • Barony of Great Oak • Hawkgarth • Land of Two Princes • Nether Mukshar • Middle Mukshar • High Mukshar • Ondeeme • Owlhold • Realm of the Mount • Realm of the Ready Sword • Shandolphyn's Reach • Grand Duchy of Shantal • Realm of the Smoking Star • Suldamma • Swordpoint Streams • Talduth Vale • Thuntar