The city was formerly ruled by a council, but Queen Zaranda felt that it was necessary to have one person in charge at the top. This position was held by the Lord-Mayor Ternan Grannox in 1370 DR. It was a position that was appointed or elected once every three years. In truth, however, Ternan's Consort Brenna Grannox dictated her husband's every move, manipulating him with lies that resulted in some improper treatment of her social and/or political foes.
The city watch had around 200 members, but the army of Tethyr, a further 5,000, was garrisoned in this city when not on duty or assigned elsewhere.
The settlement began as a Calishite frontier garrison town named Calimaronn until it was sacked in the Battle for Calimaronn by Tethyrian tribes led by Chieftain Mong Ithal of Clan Ithal. The town was named Ithmong from thenceforth.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ There are two cities called "Ithmong" in the Realms: Ithmong in Tethyr and Ithmong in Lapaliiya. Thus it is not always clear which mentions of "Ithmong" pertain to the one in Tethyr and which to the one in Lapaliiya. However, the Tethyrian Ithmong is more well known and better detailed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 83. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 158. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 178. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.