A dart is a small sharp implement intended to be used as a ranged weapon, either to be thrown or blown from a blowpipe.
- Acid dart
- A hollow dart that breaks on impact, causing acid damage.
- Barbed dart
- A heavy fletched dart often used by lizardfolk.
- Stun dart
- A hollow dart that releases poison gas on impact.
- Asp's Nest: a variety of enchanted poisoned dart that was created by a member of the Shadow Thieves.
- Dart of Fire: a variety of enchanted darts that unleashed elemental fire.
- Dart of Ice: a variety of enchanted darts that unleashed elemental ice.
- Static dart: a variety of enchanted darts that unleashed a small burst of electrical energy.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 35, 37. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- Michael Dobson (January 1984). “Living in a material world”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #81 (TSR, Inc.), p. 61.
- Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), p. 108. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 116. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 155. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- Beamdog (March 2016). Designed by Philip Daigle, et al. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Beamdog.
- Black Isle Studios (June 2000). Designed by Matt Norton. Icewind Dale. Interplay.