A death spear was a +1 longspear.
Suffused in an aura of negative energy, each blow struck by one of these weapons inflicted additional negative energy that chilled its victim. Additionally, the spear had limited charges to drain the life force of those it impaled, as dark tendrils of black light writhed down the lance. Two versions of these weapons existed; their charges affected the victim to greater or lesser degrees.
- Lesser This version afflicted the victim like the enervation spell.
- Greater This version caused the victim to suffer from an energy drain effect.
- Berg'inyon Baenre: Being a master of the z'har thalack combat style, he was a particularly good user of a death lance.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 James Wyatt (September 2002). City of the Spider Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 129. ISBN 0-7869-1212-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Ed Greenwood (July 1991). The Drow of the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 82. ISBN 1-56076-132-6.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore, Michael Leger, Douglas Niles (1992). Menzoberranzan (The Houses). Edited by Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 1-5607-6460-0.
- ↑ Drow Fighting Styles. Wizard of the Coast. (2002-08-05). Archived from the original on 2003-07-03. Retrieved on 2017-01-02.