The Deep Forest, sometimes called Summeroak, was the realm of Silvanus. In the Great Wheel cosmology, it was located within the realm of Tir na Og in the Outlands. According to the World Tree cosmology, the realm was located in the House of Nature. The World Axis cosmology placed the realm in the Deep Wilds.
The Deep Forest was home to the greatest of all trees. It was a realm of thick and feral vegetation, as well as a rich and diverse wildlife. Dense and majestic canopies almost entirely blocked sunlight from reaching the ground below.
The entire place was claimed by nature. There were no artificial buildings anywhere in the Deep Forest.
Silvanus was said to make his home at the heart of the Deep Forest, in a glen that was also referred to as Summeroak.
- Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc), pp. 75, 181. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 75. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Brian R. James (September 2008). “Realmslore: Hall of the Frostmaiden”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #367 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 59.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 158–159. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
Caverns of Thought • Court of Light • Dwarvish Mountain (Deepshaft Hall • Soot Hall • Strongale Hall) • Flowering Hill • Gzemnid's Realm • Hidden Realm • Labyrinth of Life • Marketplace Eternal • Mausoleum of Chronepsis • Palace of Judgement • Semuanya's Bog • Sigil • Sleeping Lands • Tir na Og (Deep Forest • the Great Smithy • House of Knowledge • the Pinnacle • Tir fo Thuinn) • Thoth's Estate • Wonderhome
Fortitude • Excelsior • Tradegate • Ecstasy • Faunel • Sylvania • Glorium • Xaos • Bedlam • Plague-Mort • Curst • Hopeless • Torch • Ribcage • Rigus • Automata