Effects[edit | edit source]
Upon casting the spell on a fine robe or gown containing at least a dozen hand-sized pockets, a chosen number between 10 and 100 of those pockets became capable of holding a combined weight of 100 pounds (45 kilograms) and a combined volume of 5‑cubic-foot (0.14‑cubic-meter), which added only 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) to the weight of the garment. The spell lasted for 12 hours, or longer for more powerful casters, after which all the contents of the pockets reappeared around the garment. The caster could also summon all the contents back by uttering a command word.
In the phlogiston, since access to extradimensional space was impossible, the objects contained within space created by deeppockets were inaccessible until the garment was brought inside a crystal sphere. The duration of the spell was also halted while in the phlogiston.
Components[edit | edit source]
The spell required verbal, somatic, and material components. The robe or gown needed to be worth at least 50 gp and a robe that contained the maximum number of pockets (100) was worth at least 200 gp. The materials required, in addition to the garment itself, were a small golden needle and a half-twisted strip of fine cloth tied at both ends.
History[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25, 27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 182. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 180–182, 184. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Barry A. A. Dillinger (May 1996). “The Dimensional Wizard”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #229 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 50–52.
- Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 121–122. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- Jeff Grubb (August 1989). “Concordance of Arcane Space”. Spelljammer: AD&D Adventures in Space (TSR, Inc.), p. 79. ISBN 0-88038-762-9.