This forest covered a large portion of central Alaron. The Swanmay River flowed through it from roughly northwest to southeast. It was also traversed north to south by High King's Road. Its northern boundary was the foothills of the Fairheight Range. On the west side was the Drowned Forest and some coastal towns. The eastern border faded into the fields of Talffolk and the southern border was bound by the rolling hills of Stirgewick. Caer Callidyrr, the capital of the Moonshaes, stood on the northeast edge of the forest.
In 1479 DR, the Dernall Forest was under siege by creatures sent through a rift from the Feywild by Great Gark, the Goblin King of Nachtur. The breach in planar integrity was deep in the heart of the forest and the troops of House Kendrick were hard pressed to repel the growing evil presence.
- Bounty: a village on the High King's Road.
- Caer Callidyrr: the capital city.
- Doncastle: a city on the Swanmay River.
- Hickorydale: a village near the Drowned Forest.
- Horsa: a city on the High King's Road.
- Lehigh: a village on the High King's Road.
- Ogden: a city on the High King's Road.
By the 1300s DR, the forest had become a dangerous place due to the presence of bandits and outlaws who struck fear even in the hearts of the High King's soldiers. One of these brigand leaders, more honorable than many, was a man named O'Roarke who had been outlawed by High King Carrathal for voicing his firm conviction that Carrathal was not a legitimate ruler of the Ffolk.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Shawn Merwin (November 2011). “Backdrop: Moonshae Isles”. In Steve Winter ed. Dungeon #196 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 15.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Shawn Merwin (November 2011). “Backdrop: Moonshae Isles”. In Steve Winter ed. Dungeon #196 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 14.
- ↑ Douglas Niles (1987). Moonshae. (TSR, Inc), p. 32. ISBN 0-88038-494-8.
- ↑ Douglas Niles (1987). Moonshae. (TSR, Inc), p. 34. ISBN 0-88038-494-8.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, Robert J. Schwalb (September 2008). Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 112. ISBN 978-0-7869-4929-8.