This area was inhabited by dwarves, humans and various monsters as well. The Lost Vale of Tarkhaldale once stood in the western foothills, hidden between the peaks overlooking the Spiderhaunt Wood where the Dracolich Ashazstamn had his lair The great dwarven kingdom of Tethyamar once stood in these peaks. The mountain area was infested by orcs, ogres, goblins and even dragons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Richard Baker (1993). The Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 57. ISBN 978-1560766674.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 127. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (August 1997). Finder's Bane. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 124–125. ISBN 0-7869-0658-8.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (August 2001). “Elminster's Guide to the Realms: Shattershree's Rest”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #286 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 74.