Devourers were fiends who acted in the service of Orcus. They were used to create armies of undead by consuming the bodies and souls of humanoids. Lesser demons could be promoted to devourers by proving themselves to Orcus.
Description[edit | edit source]
Devourers were tall, gaunt skeletal figures with a smaller figure trapped within their rib cage.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Devourers were able to create new undead by bringing a humanoid creature to the brink of death, then trapping it inside its rib cage. While there, the devourer tortured its victim's soul with telepathic noise until death, after which it underwent a transformation into an undead servitor.
Society[edit | edit source]
Devourers were never known to travel in groups.
Devourers were generally found in the Abyss, on the Astral plane, or the Ethereal plane pursuing the interests and schemes of Orcus. Some claim they were even known to wander in the Negative Energy Plane. Those seen on the Material Plane were typically sent by Orcus to create and lead an army of undead.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- Owen K.C. Stephens (May 2007). “The Ecology of the Devourer”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #355 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 58–63.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 138. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 68–69. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 58–59. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Monte Cook, ed. (1998). Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix III. Edited by Michele Carter and Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), p. 32. ISBN 0-7869-0751-7.
- Monte Cook, ed. (1998). Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix III. Edited by Michele Carter and Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), p. 33. ISBN 0-7869-0751-7.