A creature bound with dimensional shackles was incapable of any sort of extradimensional travel, be it teleporting within the same plane or traveling to a different plane. Travel through preexisting portals was still possible, however.
Although it was possible to break free from dimensional shackles, it was extremely difficult. It was only possible to attempt to break free from them once every 30 days.
- Baazit, an ultroloth that was imprisoned by a pit fiend in the Pit of Shummrath in Avernus for stealing soul coins, was also bound by dimensional shackles.
- Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 165. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 255. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 253. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins (September 17, 2019). Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 100. ISBN 0786966769.