|“||This immense, monstrous feline is almost as tall at the shoulder as a human. It has a long body with bold stripes and paws the size of bucklers.||”|
Dire tigers, also called smilodons, were giant cats with a pair of huge fangs jutting from their powerful jaws. Due to these teeth, they were often referred to as saber-toothed tigers. Dire tigers preyed on just about anything that moved, patiently stalking a potential meal, and striking whenever the creature let down its guard.
Dire tigers grew to be over 12 feet long and could weigh up to 6,000 pounds.
A dire tiger attacked by running at prey, leaping, and clawing and biting as it raked with its rear claws.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Computer games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 David "Zeb" Cook et al. (1989). Monstrous Compendium Volume One. (TSR, Inc), pp. 20–21. ISBN 0-8803-8738-6.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 336. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 19, 2009). Monster Manual 2 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 199. ISBN 0786995101.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 65. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 94. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.