Dragon Eyrie Links
Around the mountain flew the spirits of departed dragons. Other departed souls whose destination was the Dragon's Eyrie included half-dragons, dragonkin, and other forms of dragonkind. Khaasta and abishai also dwelled on this plane, and living planar dragons of all kinds visited the Eyrie from time to time. A few hermit non-dragons also inhabited the plane, although dragons only tolerated them grudgingly.
The mountain was divided into four major regions: the dark roots, the lower reaches, the middle crags, and the peak. With the exception of the peak, which was entirely Null's divine realm, divine realm were small regions and didn't occupied all the expanse of a given region. Most of the mountain was open territory claimed by no deity, where the petitioners of the plane sought their solitude.
Hlal, trickster god and messenger deity, lived in the lower reaches with her brass dragon and copper dragon petitioners. The spirits of red dragons, blue dragons, and black dragons lived in various portions of the lower reaches as well.
Task, god of greed, lived in the middle reaches in a volcanic region known as the Furnace. The spirits of red, gold, and bronze dragons lived here as well, attracted by the heat and lava.
Tiamat's realm, originally the realm of a god known as Azharul, also called the Dragonspawn Pits of Azharul but renamed by Tiamat into the Cave of Greed after she killed the god, was the home of the spirits of chromatic dragons who revered Tiamat above all others. Tiamat's realm existed in the depths of the plane, among the dark roots, where the spirits of shadow dragons and deep dragons also dwelt, and was somehow connected to her lair in Avernus.
- When they were first introduced in the 2nd edition Draconomicon, the divine realms of the various draconic deities were scattered throughout the planes: Asgorath on an unknown plane, Astilabor and Kereska in Limbo, Garyx in the Abyss, Hlal in Olympus, Lendys in Nirvana, Null in Gehenna, Tamara on Elysium, Task in Pandemonium, Xymor in the Seven Heavens, Zorquan on the Prime Material Plane, and Tiamat in the Nine Hells.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 140. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 258. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Robin D. Laws, Robert J. Schwalb (December 2006). Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells. Edited by Chris Thomasson, Gary Sarli, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 41. ISBN 978-0-7869-3940-4.
- Ed Greenwood (2015-02-12). Questions for Ed Greenwood (2015). Candlekeep Forum. Retrieved on 2015-02-16.
Prime Material plane • Feywild • Shadowfell • Fugue Plane
Transitive Planes: Astral Plane • Ethereal plane
Inner Planes: Elemental Plane of Air • Elemental Plane of Water • Elemental Plane of Earth • Elemental Plane of Fire • Elemental Chaos
Para-Elemental Planes: Frostfell • Swamp of Oblivion • Fountains of Creation • Great Conflagration
Quasi-Elemental Planes: Lightning • Radiance • Minerals • Steam • Vacuum • Ash • Dust • Salt
Outer Planes: Arcadia • Mount Celestia • Bytopia • Elysium • Beastlands • Arborea • Ysgard • Limbo •
Pandemonium • Abyss (Layers) • Carceri • Hades • Gehenna • Nine Hells • Acheron • Mechanus
Energy planes: Positive Energy plane • Negative Energy plane
Planar Pathways: Infinite Staircase • Oceanus • Mount Olympus • Styx • Yggdrasil
Prime Material plane • Cynosure • Fugue Plane
Transitive Planes: Astral Plane • Ethereal plane • Plane of Shadow • Spirit World
Celestial Outer Planes: Arvandor • Brightwater • Dwarfhome • Dweomerheart • Gates of the Moon • Golden Hills • Green Fields • House of Knowledge • House of the Triad
Fiendish Outer Planes: Abyss (Layers) • Barrens of Doom and Despair • Blood Rift • Clangor • Deep Caverns • Demonweb Pits • Fated Depths • Fury's Heart • Hammergrim • Nine Hells • Nishrek • Supreme Throne
Neutral Outer Planes: Dragon Eyrie • Heliopolis • House of Nature • Jotunheim • Warrior's Rest
Inner Planes: Elemental Plane of Air • Elemental Plane of Earth • Elemental Plane of Fire • Elemental Plane of Water • Positive Energy plane • Negative Energy plane
Planar Pathways: Infinite Staircase • River of Blood • World Tree
Prime Material plane
Fundamental planes: Astral Sea • Elemental Chaos
Astral dominions: Arvandor • Banehold • Celestia • Cynosure • Deep Wilds • Demonweb Pits • Dismal Caverns • Dwarfhome • Eternal Sun • Fugue Plane • Gates of the Moon • Green Fields • House of Knowledge • Nine Hells • Nishrek • Supreme Throne • Towers of Night • Tu'narath • Warrior's Rest
Elemental realms: Abyss (Layers) • City of Brass • Cresting Spires • Fimbulwinter • Hidden Realm • Muspelheim • Root Hold • Sky Home • Steading • Thraotor • Undying Pyre • Zerthadlun
Parallel planes: Feywild • Shadowfell
Anomalous planes: Far Realm