The Dun Hills were a series of hills in Tasseldale in the Dalelands. They separated Tasseldale from Deepingdale to the west and Battledale to the north. As of 1372 DR, the hills were generally considered to be safe, containing wild ponies.
Before the followers of Tyr established their abbey and the Sun Soul monks settled within, the Dun Hills had been assaulted by Perytons, wyverns and rife with monsters such as trolls, goblinkin and even human raiders. The presence of these spiritual-martial groups have greatly improved the hills' safety.
- Abbey of the Just Hammer: This citadel dedicated to the Lord of Justice on the northwestern side of the hills, overlooking the River Ashaba. In addition to guarding the area from danger, High Justicar Deren Eriach and his priests would offer specific instruction and advice regarding the laws of the land from as far as the Dragon Reach, to any who so requested.
- Glaun: A bow-shaped valley nestled into the hills holds this tassel that was home to many iron-workers, blacksmiths and the Black Axe Ironworks. Despite the constant cloud of smoke that surrounded the town, its craftsmen were busy, content and wealthy with profits.
- Sun Soul Monastery: This formerly abandoned freehold found a new purpose as one of the few permanent homes of the Order of the Sun Soul monks.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 141. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1996). Volo's Guide to the Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 207. ISBN 0-7869-0406-2.
- Eric L. Boyd (April 2007). “Volo's Guide: Cormanthor: War Amidst the Trees”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #354 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 71.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 154. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1996). Volo's Guide to the Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 202. ISBN 0-7869-0406-2.
Daggerdale • Featherdale • High Dale • Mistledale • Shadowdale
Moondale • Sessrendale • Tarkhaldale • Teshendale
Arch Wood • Cormanthor • Darkwatch • Spiderhaunt Wood • Velarswood • Yevenwood
Bodies of Water
River Arkhen • River Ashaba • Feather Falls • Dragon Reach • Lake Eredruie • Glaemril
Dun Hills • Thunder Peaks • Wyvernfang
Barrowfields • Cold Field • Druid's Grove • Glaun Bog • Hidden Vale • The Scar