The spell enveloped a creature within a range of 300 feet (91 meters) in yellow strips of magical energy. If unable to resist, the affected creature could not fly again for up to 1 minute, as long as the caster kept concentrating.
If earthbind was cast on an airborne creature, it gently descended to the ground as if under the effect of a feather fall spell. Even if a newly applied effect would grant the creature the ability to fly again, it would be suppressed for the duration of the earthbind spell.
- Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 147–149, 154–155. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- (July 2007). Monster Manual V. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 26. ISBN 0-7869-4115-4.
- Matthew Sernett, Jeff Grubb, Mike McArtor (Dec 2005). Spell Compendium. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-3702-5.
- Andy Collins, James Wyatt, and Skip Williams (November 2003). Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 112. ISBN 0-7869-2884-0.
- Michele Carter, Stacy Janssen eds. (2015). Princes of the Apocalypse. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 978-0786965786.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 239. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.