Eels were aquatic creatures.
Species[edit | edit source]
Electric[edit | edit source]
Lamprey[edit | edit source]
Vilhon[edit | edit source]
Vilhon eels were found in the Vilhon Reach and were long and ribbon-like. They were black with green mottling and proved difficult to catch by fishermen using nets. They were a local delicacy in Nimpeth.
Suckertails[edit | edit source]
Onsler[edit | edit source]
Onsler eels were a species of freshwater eel that inhabited shallow streams and deep rivers throughout the Heartlands. They had pale skin, marked with dusty-white spots, and soft sucker mouths. They were sensitive to extreme temperatures and would die if water got either too cold or too hot. They were a rather passive and herbivorous species, subsisting on algae as well as aquatic mosses and lichen. They were capable of living longer than the average human; their bodies grew longer and broader as they aged, with young specimens being more cylindrical and older ones being more flatter. Their flesh had a pleasant texture, but was rather tasteless, thus they were typically doused in sauce or heavily seasoned.
Monstrous eels[edit | edit source]
Ecology[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Richard Baker, Joseph D. Carriker, Jr., Jennifer Clarke Wilkes (August 2005). Stormwrack. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 166. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 36. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “Coastal Aquatic Lands: The Sea of Fallen Stars”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 62. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 59. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- Rand Sharpsword (2002-05-08). More of the Vilhon Reach. Rand's Travelogue. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved on 2012-03-10.
- Ed Greenwood (February 2009). “Backdrop: Tarmalune”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #372 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 47.
- Ed Greenwood, The Hooded One (2012-09-11). Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012). Candlekeep Forum. Retrieved on 2020-07-22.
- Mike Pondsmith, Jay Batista, Rick Swan, John Nephew, Deborah Christian (1988). Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms (Volume II). (TSR, Inc), p. 117. ISBN 0-88038-608-8.
- Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 128. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 40. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.
- Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 37. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.