The caster would pick an effect that would grant improvements to the target in a predetermined way:
- Bear's Endurance: The target was granted improved constitution and health.
- Bull's Strength: The target gained an improvement to its strength and also was able to carry twice as much as before.
- Cat's Grace: The target gained an improvement to its dexterity and could fall from a height of 20 feet without getting hurt.
- Eagle's Splendor: The target would gain an increased advantage from its charisma.
- Fox's Cunning: The target gained advantages to attempts that used its intelligence.
- Owl's Wisdom: The target would gain benefits to using wisdom.
For every spell level higher then the normal spell level used, another target could gain a benefit of this spell.
- Video Games
- Baldur's Gate III
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 237. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jeremy Crawford, James Wyatt, Keith Baker (November 2019). Eberron: Rising from the Last War. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 56. ISBN 978-0-7869-6692-9.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 237. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.