He was an enormous dragon of nearly 350 feet (107 meters) in length.
A supremely confident dragon, Eshcaz showed subservience to none, and only acted when he had something to gain.
Eshcaz made his lair in a deep crater on the central mountain of Tan. The smoke constantly billowing out of the crater, as well as the tremors from Eshcaz turning in his sleep, made the natives of Tan believe the mountain was a volcano.
In the Year of the Buckler, 1200 DR, Eshcaz fell into a deep slumber that would last over 150 years. Around the Year of the Serpent, 1359 DR, the Cult of the Dragon learned of Eshcaz's location and began trying to gently wake him. They hoped to convince the dragon to let himself be transformed into a dracolich, granting the Cult power over the Sea of Fallen Stars.
|This article is incomplete. Needs information from Queen of the Depths. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Pirates of the Fallen Stars (p. 67), says Eshcaz had been living on Tan for "nearly a thousand years" as of 1359 DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Curtis Scott (March 1992). Pirates of the Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 67. ISBN 978-1560763208.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Richard Lee Byers (August 2005). Queen of the Depths. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3737-8.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 13. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.