The older version of this spell functioned like ethereal jaunt except more targets could join the caster. While the spell was active the caster could move about in the Ethereal plane, but only half as fast if descending or rising. The spell lasted for 8 hours, during this time the caster could see and hear in the plane it was just on. If cast with a higher level the caster could have additional targets with it.
Vocal and somatic components where needed for the casting of this spell.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 238. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 228. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 152, 167. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 238. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Scott Bennie (February 1990). Old Empires. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 74. ISBN 978-0880388214.
- Mark Middleton et al (January 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Two. (TSR, Inc), pp. 325–326. ISBN 978-0786906642.