Expedition to Undermountain is a combination sourcebook/campaign adventure for the 3.5th-edition of Dungeons & Dragons® ruleset.
- Chapter 1: Undermountain Awaits
- Chapter 2: The Adventure Begins
- Chapter 3: Crypt of Yeldoon
- Chapter 4: Belkram's Fall
- Chapter 5: The Maze
- Appendix: Magic and Monsters
Expedition to Undermountain is designed for 1st- to 10th-level characters and is the 3rd-edition supplement for Undermountain.
The book is split into an Introduction, briefly describing Halaster's death and a synopsis of the adventure, the first chapter, which briefly describes Undermountain, with maps of most levels and sublevels, chapters 2-5, which are the campaign adventure, and an appendix of new creatures, such as the Eyeball Swarm, and new items, such as the Crown Adamant.
Expedition to Undermountain presents an adventure campaign designed to cover a number of levels of play. Undermountain, as it is presented here, is a huge adventuring area for any D&D campaign, containing nine main levels and more than twenty sublevels, connecting to more extensive dungeons and caverns, and ultimately to the Underdark. The book treats Undermountain as an unexplored underground region, and provides plots, power groups, and lore to enable a Dungeon Master to detail any corner of Undermountain to create a long-term adventure setting. Encounters are presented in the book, which are designed to take a party of player characters from 1st level to 10th level. With an appendix it also describes a set of new creatures, such as the Eyeball Swarm, and new items, such as the Crown Adamant.
- Arbenita Darkwind • Drexlyn Darrowdelve • Halaster Blackcloak • Hukurus • Jaxsen • Luranla Dreer • Malvar • Marrauda Belaskurth • Orbrin Baerent • Sheru'Tan • Squammulsh • Tarlgarth Vathar • Xedac
- aboleth • annis • aquatic deepspawn • aranea • avolakia • baneguard • behir • bloodhulk crusher • bonefin • bronze serpent • choker • clockroach • crawling claw • darkmantle • dark naga • darktentacles • deathbringer • death kiss • death knight • death tyrant • defacer • dire rat • dread • dread guard • elder orb • flameskull • flying spider • gnoll • green slime • grick • grimlock • half-fey • helmed horror • inferno spider • jermlaine • kenku • kuo-toa • kuo-toa leviathan • living spell • lurking strangler • magma hurler • metalmaster • mongrelfolk • myconid • nagatha • ogre • ophidian • portal drake • rothé • shadesteel golem • shadow dragon • skum • spirit naga • splinterwaif • summoning ooze • ssvaklor • stone golem • tsochari • vasuthant • water elemental • water naga • worm that walks • xorn
- Elemental Plane of Fire
- horned ring
- abolisher • arcanist • archmage • beguiler • dark hunter • fleshwarper • nightmare spinner • pale master • swordsage • techsmith • vigilante • warblade
- Designers: Eric L. Boyd, Ed Greenwood, Christopher Lindsay, Sean K. Reynolds
- Editor: Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel
- Cover Art: Michael Komarck
- Interior Artists: Thomas M. Baxa, Steven Belledin, Ed Cox, Ralph Horsley, Ron Spencer, Beth Trott
- Editing Manager: Kim Mohan
- Design Manager: Christopher Perkins
- Graphic Production Specialist: Angelika Lokotz
- Production Managers: Josh Fischer, Randall Crews
- Image Technician: Sven Bolen
- Expedition to Undermountain Art Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2016-10-31. Retrieved on 2020-03-06.
- Expedition to Undermountain Map Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2016-10-31. Retrieved on 2020-03-08.
- Excerpts: Expedition to Undermountain (HTML). Excerpts Archive. Wizards of the Coast. (2007-06-13). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2021-11-07.
- Dungeon Masters Guild product page