Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is an adventure module for the 3.5th-edition of Dungeons & Dragons® ruleset.
A D&D super-adventure that can be played as a mini-campaign or a series of small side adventures.
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is a D&D super-adventure for characters of levels 9–12. It is usable as a mini-campaign on its own, as a story arc in a Dungeon Master’s regular campaign, or as a series of small side adventures with a big payoff. The structure is very flexible and eminently customizable. The adventure uses a new combat encounter format designed to make the DM’s job easier and to speed up play.Heroes who become entangled in the adventure’s plot soon find themselves squaring off against the agents of Lolth and Graz’zt across several planes, including the Abyss.
- Chapter 1: The Demonweb Campaign
- Chapter 2: Sigil, City of Doors
- Chapter 3: Yggdrasil and Beyond
- Chapter 4: The Demonweb
- Chapter 5: Zelatar, City of Demons
- Chapter 6: The Demon Council
- Prestige Classes
- The Book of Flesh and Mirrors
- Items of Legacy
- New Monsters
- Player Handouts
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is designed for 9th–12th level characters and focuses on the machinations of the demon lords Lolth and Graz'zt. The adventure was influenced by the 1st-edition adventure module, Queen of the Demonweb Pits.
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits revolves around the reading of the Dark Pact. The demon lord Graz'zt seeks to form an alliance with Lolth against Orcus. Lolth spurns his offer, and Graz'zt, not taking rejection lightly, now schemes to undermine Lolth. With the aid of his cambion son, Rule-of-Three, Graz'zt plans a Demon Council within the Abyss. While he is doing this, Rule-of-Three spreads word among the drow that their goddess is coming to the Prime Material Plane to wage the eternity war against their hated cousins, the surface elves and their god, Corellon Larethian.
After the Demonic Council is arranged, Rule-of-Three and Graz'zt involve a group of mortals (the PCs) about Lolth's coming. Their goal is to bring attention to Lolth in her own Demonweb and then use the mortals to embarrass her in the eyes of the other demon lords, while at the same time, sealing the Dark Pact of planar binding using the divine spark Lolth gives it. It is the PC's goal to prevent the reading of that pact.
aspect of Graz'zt • aspect of Obox-ob • aspect of Yeenoghu • bloodsilk spider • corrupted by the Abyss • dabus • demons (cambion • carnevus • oculus) • envoy of Lolth • abyssal giant • inferno spider • lamia noble • mirror mephit • ratatosk • viper tree, elder
- Designers: Wolfgang Baur, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel
- Developer: Michele Carter
- Editors: Michele Carter, Penny Williams
- Editing Manager: Kim Mohan
- Design Manager: Christopher Perkins
- Development Manager: Jesse Decker
- Director of RPG R&D: Bill Slavicsek
- Senior Art Director D&D: Stacy Longstreet
- Art Director: Karin Jaques
- Cover Art: David Hudnut
- Interior Artists: David Bircham, Miguel Coimbra, Ed Cox, Carl Critchlow, Eric Deschamps, Wayne England, Erik Gist, Brian Hagan, Ralph Horsley, Howard Lyon, Ted Pendergraft, Arnie Swekel, James Zhang
- Cartographers: Todd Gamble, Christopher Perkins, Mike Schley
- Graphic Designers: Karin Jaques, Jennifer Lathrop, Michael martin
- Graphic Production Specialist: Angelika Lokotz
- Image Technician: Sven Bolen
- Production Managers: Josh Fischer, Randall Crews
- Expedition to the Demonweb Pits Art Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. (2007-04-18). Archived from the original on 2021-08-11. Retrieved on 2021-08-21.
- Expedition to the Demonweb Pits Map Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. (2007-04-30). Archived from the original on 2015-09-10. Retrieved on 2021-11-07.
- Excerpts: Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (HTML). Excerpts Archive. Wizards of the Coast. (2007-04-11). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2021-11-07.
- D&D Classics product page