Faction War is a Planescape® AD&D 2nd-edition adventure module.
|“||SIGIL'S BEEN AT PEACE FOR OVER 600 YEARS. ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END.
Six centuries ago, events surrounding the Great Upheaval imposed an uneasy peace in the City of Doors. Since that time, the 15 factions have quietly conducted their philosophical battle for the hearts and minds of all Cagers - and always stopped short of all-out war. But now tensions are flaring, tempers are rising, and the Cage is about to explode into conflict!
Faction War is a 128-page adventure that tracks the war from its nefarious origins through its bitter battles to its ultimate resolution and beyond - and puts the future of Sigil in the hands of the player characters. This book reveals secrets, unravels musteries, brings long-simmering plots to ahead, and marks the beginning of a new era for the City of Doors.
It also features the following:
The culmination of several adventures leading up to that point, The Faction War brought an end to the factions' control of the city. Instigated by the power-hungry Duke Rowan Darkwood, factol of the Fated, in a bid to dethrone the Lady of Pain and rule Sigil himself, the war spread throughout the city before the Lady of Pain, with the aid of a group of adventurers (the players' characters), intervened.
- Peering Into the Cage
- How It Begins
- Act 1: Guarding Rr'ka
- Act 2: The Battle of the Armory
- Act 3: The Eschaton
- Act 4: Darkstorm
- Act 5: Magic Uncaged
- Act 6: The Unity of Rings
- David Noonan (January 2004). “Planescape: The Exiled Factions”. In Chris Thomasson ed. Dragon #315 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 44–49.
- Designer: Monte Cook, Ray Vallese
- Editor: Michele Carter
- Cover Artist: Robh RuppelDELETE
- Cartographer: Diesel, Rob Lazzaretti
- Typography: Angelika Lokotz
- Border Artist: Robert Repp
- Conceptual Artist: Dana Knutson
- Art Director: Dawn Murin
- Graphic Design: Dawn Murin, Dee Barnett, Matt Adelsperger
- Brand Manager: Thomas M. Reid
- Electronic Prepress Coordination: Jefferson M. Shelley