Felsul was a type of deciduous tree that thrived in harsh conditions.
Felsul trees had flaky brown bark, from the hue of cinnamon to deep brown. Underneath the layer of bark was a soft wood. The trees were often gnarled and twisted. They typically flowered briefly in the early spring.
Felsuls were often found in cold, rocky places with poor soil. They could grow where no other tree could: in poor soil, on cliff sides, and in crags.
- Felsuls were quite were common in northwest Faerûn. They were known to line the Laughingflow in the Evermoors..
- Felsuls were also found in Adhe Wood in the Vast.
- In west Faerûn's Western Heartlands, felsuls could be found in the Cloak Wood.
- Ed Greenwood (October 2012). Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 38. ISBN 0786960345.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 38. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- Tim Beach (October 1995). “The High Moor”. In Julia Martin ed. Elminster's Ecologies Appendix II (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 0786901713.
- Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), pp. 145–148. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.
- Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 90. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.