They were fast and agile creatures whose touch could set objects aflame. Owing to their fiery nature, they were unable to enter water. They were capable of speaking Ignan although they rarely spoke.
Being elementals, these creatures did not require any air, food, drink, or sleep to survive.
Fire elementals usually chose to burn opponents with their touch. They attacked ferociously, enjoying burning things in the material plane to cinders. The fire elemental might also slam an opponent, possibly causing them to catch fire.
The fire elemental Jogaoh was forcibly transported from his home plane to the world of Toril by the extraplanar being Imgig Zu. Employing a Lockstone, Imgig Zu then trapped the powerful fire elemental in the form of a weak dwarf, which in turn bound him to Toril. In the Year of the Prince, 1357 DR, Vajra Valmeyjar and Priam Agrivar brought Jogaoh to the Lockstone, and the magical gem restored him to his true form. Jogaoh returned to his own plane.
A fire elemental emerged from the Great Door outside Waterdeep later in 1357 DR. Advised by his assistant Dunstanny, the wizard Parwyyd Hanifar used the elemental as a fire source for a pyrotechnics spell, causing fireworks that dazzled gargoyles and kenkus that also emerged from the Door.
These elementals could be summoned to the Prime Material plane through use of the spells elemental summoning and conjure fire elemental. There were also magical items that could achieve this, such as a brazier of commanding fire elementals, elemental gems, and a fire elemental gem.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Dungeon #20, "The Ship Of Night" • Dungeon #28, "The Pipes of Doom" • The Runes of Chaos • Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle • Out of the Abyss • Princes of the Apocalypse • Storm King's Thunder • Tomb of Annihilation • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
- Referenced only
- Dungeon #40, "Khamsa's Folly"
- The Paladins • Charon's Claw
- The Bounty Seekers Of Manshaka • Day of the Darkening
- Video Games
- Pools of Darkness • Treasures of the Savage Frontier • Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor • Icewind Dale • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn • Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance • Neverwinter Nights • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer • Baldur's Gate: The Black Pits • Neverwinter (Elemental Evil, The Heart of Fire) • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms • Neverwinter Nights: Tyrants of the Moonsea
- Board Games
- Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game • Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Begins
- Card Games
- AD&D Trading Cards • Dragonfire
- Organized Play & Licensed Adventures
- Forge of the Dawn Titan • Forgotten Traditions • The Black Road • It's All in the Blood • Fire, Ash, and Ruin • In Search of Secrets
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 125. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Mike Mearls, Greg Bilsland and Robert J. Schwalb (June 15, 2010). Monster Manual 3 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 82. ISBN 0786954902.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 98–99. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- James Wyatt (October 2001). Oriental Adventures (3rd edition). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 145. ISBN 0-7869-2015-7.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 100. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 38. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 98. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 123. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Wolfgang Baur (1993). Al-Qadim: Assassin Mountain: Holy Slayer Sourcebook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 4, 5. ISBN 1-56076-764-X.
- Michael Fleisher (January 1989). “The Bounty Seekers Of Manshaka”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #2 (DC Comics), pp. 17, 19.
- Dan Mishkin (May 1990). “Day of the Darkening”. In Elliot S. Maggin ed. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #18 (DC Comics), pp. 17–18.
- Schlieker Design (2001). Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal Game Manual , link:. (BioWare).
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 227. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 156, 167–168. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- Ed Greenwood (July 1991). The Drow of the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 77. ISBN 1-56076-132-6.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 26. ISBN 978-0786966011.