This spell conjured a swarm of around 240 fire spiders, which would search the surrounding area for something or someone to attack and ignite. These creatures were immune to fire, but vulnerable to water or other nonflammable liquids. They would not die after the attack. Instead they would stay until they were slain, banished, or the spell expired.
In −2439 DR, a group of Maerimydran drow spellcasters based in the Twisted Tower of Ashaba used this spell to set large parts of the southern Rystall Woods on fire, separating it from Cormanthor.
- In the Rashemen spellcasting tradition of the vremyonni, the material component for this spell was a pinch of sulfur.
- The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
- Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 94. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid (July 2007). Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 155–156. ISBN 07-8694-039-5.
- Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 34. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- James P. Davis (2008). The Shield of Weeping Ghosts. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 35–36. ISBN 978-0-7869-4877-2.