On Hammer 1, in the Year of the Worm, 1356 DR, a Waterdhavian patrol passing through the Open Marches was assaulted by a group of devils and goblinoids. The portal that Ithtaerus Casalia once created beneath Dragonspear Castle was open once more.
The city-state's soldiers tracked the monstrous assailants back to Dragonspear Castle and set fire to the ancient ruin. The devils were not beat however, as their ranks continued to swell for months.
- ↑ The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier states that Duke Pryden died while fighting the "forces of Dragonspear Castle". This is believed occur during the First Dragonspear War as Pwyll is already duke at the beginning of the Second Dragonspear War, according to Hordes of Dragonspear.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 12. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Daggerford). (TSR, Inc), p. 13. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.