Elemental mages in Zakhara specialized exclusively in one province, like flame, while sorcerers took spells from two provinces, shunning the other two. Unlike elementalists, magic-users from the Land of Fate recognized no opposition between flame and sea.
The flame was associated with wrath and other burning emotions in Zakharan culture, and most flame mages showed a disposition towards evil. The Brotherhood of the True Flame was the ultimate example of this proclivity toward evil.
Paths of powerEdit
- The Brotherhood's Road, specializing in fiery attack spells
- Flame Dancer's Path, shaping and directing fire
- Firesight Path, using fire and light to affect sight and provide insight
- Road of the Efreeti, comprising spells to protect one against the elements and affect elemental fire creatures
- ↑ Paths to power are an alternative system of rules for the spell progression and learning of spells by wizards for 2nd edition Dungeons & Dragons. They could therefore be considered non-canon.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 111. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 40–41. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 31–32, 81. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 172. ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 74–75. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Wolfgang Baur and Steve Kurtz (April 1995). “Paths of Power”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #216 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–49.
Schools of effect
Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow
Schools of thaumaturgy
Artifice • Song • Wild magic
Zakharan provinces of magic
Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal
Netherese Fields of Mythal
Inventive • Mentalism • Variation
Chronomancy • Hishna • Pluma • Paths of power