Forgotten Realms is a series of comic books originally published by DC Comics.
In 1989, DC Comics began publishing the Forgotten Realms comic series, written by Jeff Grubb. Each issue contained twenty-six pages, illustrated primarily by Rags Morales and Dave Simons. The 19 issues produced by Morales were his first professional works. Tom Raney illustrated issues #17 and #20. Elliot S. Maggin served as an editor for DC from 1989 to 1991 and oversaw the licensed TSR, Inc. titles, including Forgotten Realms. Twenty-five issues were published in total, with the last being released in 1991.
Kim Yale served as an editor for DC from 1991–1993 and oversaw their licensed titles. Grubb wrote all 25 issues. An anthologie, Annual: Waterdhavian Nights, illustrated by various artists, was released in 1990.
|#1||The Hand of Vaprak! I||The Ogre's Paw||1989|
|#2||The Hand of Vaprak! II||Converging Lines||1989|
|#3||The Hand of Vaprak! III||The Great Game||1989|
|#4||The Hand of Vaprak! IV||Fools Rush In||1989|
|#5||The Dragonreach Saga I||The Dragon in the Dale||1989|
|#6||The Dragonreach Saga II||Dragonspawn||1990|
|#7||The Dragonreach Saga III||Dragonsmoker||1990|
|#8||The Dragonreach Saga IV||Dragons (and Other Beasts)||1990|
|#9||The Morning After||1990|
|#14||Liches in Love||1990|
|Annual: Waterdhavian Nights||1990|
|#15||Fallen Idols I||Possessions||1990|
|#16||Fallen Idols II||Mad Gods and Paladins||1990|
|#17||Fallen Idols III||Divine Rights||1990|
|#18||Fallen Idols IV||On Earth as it is in Heaven||1991|
|#19||Anauroch I||Picking up the Pieces||1991|
|#21||Anauroch III||Cannibal Girls||1991|
|#22||Anauroch IV||Cat Logic||1991|
|#24||Everybody Wants to Run the Realms||1991|
|#25||The Wake of the Realms Master||1991|
|Forgotten Realms Classics Omnibus Volume 1||2014|
|Forgotten Realms Classics Omnibus Volume 2||2014|
Two short stories published in Dragon magazine continues the tale begun in the Forgotten Realms comics.
- Reunification (Body & Soul) in Dragon magazine 247. This short story tells of the crew of the Realms Master.
- The Honor of Two Swords in Dragon magazine 260. West meets East when Priam Agrivar follows Ishi Barasume to the secrets of her past.
- Kate Novak (May 1998). “Rogues Gallery: Crew of the Realms Master”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #247 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 74–80.
- Jeff Grubb (May 1998). “Reunification (Body & Soul)”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #247 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 62–71.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ed Greenwood; Eric L. Boyd, Steven E. Schend (2000). Presenting...Seven Millennia of Realms Fiction. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2015-08-12.
- ↑ Dave Simons entry at Lambiek
- ↑ Kim Yale (editor, DC Comics) at the Grand Comics Database
- ↑ Allen Varney (May 1998). “ProFiles: Jeff Grubb”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #247 (TSR, Inc.), p. 120.
| Forgotten Realms Comics|
See also: List of comic books
|Stand Alone||The Morning After • Head Cheeeese • Liches in Love • Unreal Estate • Annual: Waterdhavian Nights • Everybody Wants to Run the Realms • The Wake of the Realms Master|
|The Hand of Vaprak!||The Ogre's Paw • Converging Lines • The Great Game • Fools Rush In|
|The Dragonreach Saga||The Dragon in the Dale • Dragonspawn • Dragonsmoker • Dragons (and Other Beasts)|
|Triangles||Jasmine • Rivals • Trial|
|Fallen Idols||Possessions • Mad Gods and Paladins • Divine Rights • On Earth as it is in Heaven|
|Anauroch||Picking up the Pieces • Temptations • Cannibal Girls • Cat Logic|
|Anthologies||Forgotten Realms Classics Omnibus Volume 1 • Forgotten Realms Classics Omnibus Volume 2|