They resembled very closely their undead cousin, except perhaps being just a bit more slender and ghost-like. The stench of death and rot lingered around their undead forms. This stench could often be smelled from a 10 ft (3 m) radius and was terrible enough to cause nausea, retching, and in rare cases even paralyzation.
Much like ghouls, ghasts were typically encountered around graveyards.
- Onglore and Inglore - dwarven nobility who fell in the Weeping War, their bodies were turned into ghasts after their death, leaving them wandering the Dwarven Dungeons of Myth Drannor in a starved frenzy.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- City of the Spider Queen • Curse of Strahd • The Dungeon of Death • Hellgate Keep (adventure) • Dungeon #53: "Steelheart" • Dungeon #48: "The Oracle at Sumbar" • Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor
- Sword Play
- Video Games
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear • Descent to Undermountain • Icewind Dale • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms • Neverwinter Nights • Neverwinter Nights 2 • Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor • Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 148. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- David "Zeb" Cook et al. (1989). Monstrous Compendium Volume One. (TSR, Inc), p. 46. ISBN 0-8803-8738-6.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 131. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 43. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Stormfront Studios (2001). Designed by Mark Buchignani, Ken Eklund, Sarah W. Stocker. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. Ubisoft Entertainment.