Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle is a 5th-edition Dungeons & Dragons adventure for the Forgotten Realms.
Summary[edit | edit source]
A group of Red Wizards of Thay have constructed a base that contains a quartet of netherese portals that each lead to powerful elemental nodes. In order to access the power of those nodes, they need the portal keys. A Red Wizard managed to acquire one of the keys by attacking the Floshin Estates but was caught and executed in Daggerford after he passed the key on to an agent.
Sir Isteval, a retired paladin from Cormyr, hires a group of adventurers to go on a series of quests that result in acquiring the remaining three keys, taking the group to locations such as the Lizard Marsh and Mount Illefarn before engaging in a climactic battle in the ruins of Dragonspear Castle with vengeful red wizards and the rakshasa who has been manipulating events.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 1: Daggerford Campaign
- Chapter 2: How to Play
- Chapter 3: Magic
- Chapter 4: Equipment
- Chapter 5: DM Guidelines
- Chapter 6: Bestiary
- Appendix: Pregenerated Characters
Index[edit | edit source]
- Hadeshah • Harglevargle • Trista
- air elemental • animated armor • ankheg • basilisk • behir • bugbear • black dragon • bulette • bullywug • carrion crawler • centaur • chimera • constrictor snake • death knight • dire wolf • displacer beast • earth elemental • ettin • fire beetle • fire elemental • flesh golem • gargoyle • ghost • ghoul • giant centipede • giant crocodile • giant frog • giant lizard • giant spider • gnoll • goblin • gray ooze • green dragon • green hag • green slime • griffon • half-orc • hamatula • harpy • hill giant • hobgoblin • horse • human • hydra • imp • invisible stalker • lemure • lich • lizardfolk • lurker above • manticore • medusa • minotaur • mummy • ogre • orc • orog • osyluth • owlbear • rakshasa • rat • roc • shield dwarf • shrieker • skeleton • spinagon • stirge • stone giant • trapper • treant • troll • vampire • water elemental • werewolf • wight • will-o'-wisp • wolf • wood elf • wraith • wyvern • xorn • yellow mold • zombie
- alexandrite • amber • amethyst • aquamarine • azurite • banded agate • black opal • bloodstone • blue quartz • carnelian • chalcedony • chrysoprase • chrysoberyl • citrine • corundum • diamond • emerald • eye agate • fire opal • garnet • hematite • iolite • jacinth • jade • jet • jasper • lapis lazuli • malachite • moonstone • moss agate • obsidian • onyx • pearl • peridot • rhodochrosite • rock crystal • rose quartz • sapphire • sard • sardonyx • smoky quartz • spinel • star rose quartz • star ruby • star sapphire • tiger eye agate • topaz • tourmaline • turquoise • white opal • zircon
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This adventure was originally only available in print to those who ordered it and attended GenCon 2013 but a few copies were put up on eBay. Presumably, fan demand was the reason for its eventual public publishing in December.
- The adventures contained within were designed as a preview for D&D Next and almost half of the book is taken up by rules.
- Some of the Realmslore provided in the book is taken from Under Illefarn Anew, a work compiled (but at the time unpublished) by Eric L. Boyd, that contains work by several Realms authors and contributors.
- This module acts as a sort of prelude to the 'Dreams of the Red Wizards' modules.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Project Leads: Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins
- D&D R&D Team: Greg Bilsiand, Bruce R. Cordell,Jeremy Crawford, Chris Dupuis, Peter Lee, Mike Means, Kim Mohan, Tom Olsen, Christopher Perkins, Ben Petrisor, RobertJ. Schwalb, Matt Sernett, Chris Sims, Rodney Thompson, Steve Winter, James Wyatt, Chris Youngs
- D&D Brand and Marketing Team: Chris Lindsay, Shelly Mazzanoble, Hilary Ross, Liz Schuh, Nathan Stewart, Laura Tommervik
- Senior Creative Director: Jon Schindehette
- Art Director: Kate Irwin
- Graphic Designer: Emi Tanji
- Publishing Production Specialist: Jessica Dubey
- Prepress Manager: Jefferson Dunlap
- Imaging Technician: Carmen Cheung
- Production Manager: Cynda Callaway
- Cover Illustration: Kekai Kotaki
- Cartography: Jason A. Engle
- Interior Illustrations: Dave Ailsop, Kalman Andrasofszky, Steve Argyle, Dave Arneson, Den Beauvais, Ralph Beisner, Eric Belisle, Greg Bell, Noah Bradley, Sam Burley, Milivoj Ceran, Conceptopolis, Stephen Crowe, Ned Dameron, Diesel, Tony DiTerlizzi, Vincent Dutrait,Jeff Easley, Jesper Ejsing, Wayne England, Emily Fiegenschuh, Gonzalo Flores, Ken Frank, Dan Frazier, Lars Grant-West, Paul Guzenko, Des Hanley,Jared von Hindman, TylerJacobson, Michael Kaluta, Jorge Lacera, Roger Loveless, Howard Lyon, Victoria Maderna, Slawomir Maniak, Will McLean, Christopher Moeller, Lee Moyer, Jim Nelson, William O’Connor, Erol Otus, Patrick Thomas Parnell, Darlene Pekul, Steve Prescott, David Rapoza,Scott Roller, Richard Sardinha, Craig J Spearing, David C. Sutherland IIII, Gabor Szikszai, Stephen Tappin, David A. Trampier, Beth Trott, Eva Widermann, Sam Wood
[edit | edit source]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
Connections[edit | edit source]