|“||This scar on my arm is the mark of the thin man's sword.
This, on my shoulder, the woodsman's axe.
And this rasping whisper, all that is left of my voice, it is the scar of the Lord Singer's jealousy.They took my voice and my life and left my body for the crows. But not all who die rest in peace.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- Erik described the novel as a dark fantasy-western similar to Kill Bill or Desperado. He was happy with the published version, although felt that if he had commenced fencing as a hobby before completing it, he would have written the scene with Torlic differently.
- Erik also wrote a free online companion story entitled Wayfarer, which is similar to a prequel to the novel.
- Erik Scott de Bie (2005-12-12). Wayfarer (HTML). Books Publishing Archive. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2006-06-13. Retrieved on 2020-03-21.
- Prelude & chapter 1 (429KB PDF), last accessed 2007-07-13
- Wayfarer, free online companion story (151KB PDF), last accessed 2020-03-21
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.