On average these creatures stood 7 ft (2.1 m) tall at the shoulder and weighed around 1,500 lb (680 kg).
Giant elks fought other creatures with either their antlers or their sharp forehooves.
Rumors & Legends
These creatures were so rare that sightings were interpreted as foreshadowing some important event, like the birth of a future king. Some legends of deities manifesting on the Prime Material plane in the form of giant elks.
Like any species of deer, giant elks were typically found in forests with a temperate climate.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Ochimo: The Spirit Warrior
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 325. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 92. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- Ed Greenwood (September 1996). “Elminster's Everwinking Eye: The Border Kingdoms: Hawkgarth”. In Jeff Quick ed. Polyhedron #124 (TSR, Inc.), p. 6.
- Jeff Grubb (1987). Ochimo: The Spirit Warrior. (TSR, Inc), p. 16. ISBN 0-88038-393-3.
- John Nephew, et al. (March 1993). Creature Catalog. Edited by Julia Martin. (TSR, Inc.), p. 9. ISBN 1-56076-593-3.