Gibbeth was a star-like Elder Evil from the Far Realm who had taken a place among the stars of Realmspace. Unlike normal stars, Gibbeth didn't have a fixed place in the sky but instead danced and wavered across Realmspace.
Gibbeth was described as a green star that at its core had an utterly unknowable being.
Scholars who studied stars avoided studying or even talk about Gibbeth. It was believed that Gibbeth's true form was a being of madness, and that this madness was contagious and even dangerous. Even a minor contact with its madness was able to create an aberrant creature known as the Scion of Gibbeth.
It was also believed that, when Gibbeth revealed its true form at the end of time, reality would be unmade just by its gaze.
Nonetheless, and despite all the dangers, Gibbeth was usually sought out by some warlocks to make a pact with it. Neogi were specially adept in seeking out pacts with it and the other Far Realm–infested stars.
- Volo's Guide to Monsters (mentioned)
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Bruce R. Cordell (2009). City of Torment. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-07869-5184-0.
- Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 19, 2009). Monster Manual 2 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 197. ISBN 0786995101.
- Bruce R. Cordell (August 2008). “Wish Upon a Star”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #366 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18.
Comets: K'Thoutek • King-Killer Star
Nebulae: Galleon Nebula • Color Spray Nebula
Far Realm-infested stars: Acamar • Caiphon • Delban • Gibbeth • Hadar • Khirad • Nihal • Zhudun
Other astronomical bodies: Caer Windlauer • Skull of the Void • Sargassos