Description[edit | edit source]
An adult girallon was about 8 feet (240 centimeters) tall and weighed 800 pounds (360 kilograms). It appeared to be a four-armed ape with thick white fur and curved tusks in its mouth, distinguishing it from normal apes.
Ecology[edit | edit source]
These beasts lived in groups led by a dominant adult, who tended to be the oldest of the group.
History[edit | edit source]
In the late 15th century DR, an unusually old and massive girallon was terrorizing Port Nyanzaru in Chult. The massive beast had tough scarred white hide and unprecedented aggression. A group of heroes was tasked with slaying the beast by Jessamine, the Merchant Prince of Port Nyanzaru.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Chaos in the City of Splendors
- In the Garden of Evil
- Putting the Dead to Rest
- Tomb of Annihilation
- The Twilight Tomb
Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- David Howery (May 1988). “The Ecology of the Carnivorous Ape”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #133 (TSR, Inc.), p. 8.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Mike Mearls, Greg Bilsland and Robert J. Schwalb (June 15, 2010). Monster Manual 3 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 102–103. ISBN 0786954902.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 126–127. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, Jeff Quick, and James Wyatt (March 2003). Arms and Equipment Guide 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 91. ISBN 978-0-7869-2649-7.
- BKOM Studios (2017). Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation.