An adult girallon was about 8 feet (240 centimeters) tall and weighed 800 pounds (360 kilograms). It appeared to be a four-armed ape with thick white fur and curved tusks in its mouth, distinguishing it from normal apes.
These beasts lived in groups led by a dominant adult, who tended to be the oldest of the group.
In the late 15th century DR, an unusually old and massive girallon was terrorizing Port Nyanzaru in Chult. The massive beast had tough scarred white hide and unprecedented aggression. A group of heroes was tasked with slaying the beast by Jessamine, the Merchant Prince of Port Nyanzaru.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Chaos in the City of Splendors
- In the Garden of Evil
- Putting the Dead to Rest
- Tomb of Annihilation
- The Twilight Tomb
- David Howery (May 1988). “The Ecology of the Carnivorous Ape”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #133 (TSR, Inc.), p. 8.
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Mike Mearls, Greg Bilsland and Robert J. Schwalb (June 15, 2010). Monster Manual 3 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 102–103. ISBN 0786954902.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 126–127. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, Jeff Quick, and James Wyatt (March 2003). Arms and Equipment Guide 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 91. ISBN 978-0-7869-2649-7.
- BKOM Studios (2017). Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation.