Inspired by the tales of Sinbad, Golden Voyages provides the source material and adventures needed to run a mini-campaign on the Crowded Sea. Detailed backgrounds, perilous locations, and wondrous NPCs populate the enchanted seas. Player characters will discover wildly different adventures as they sail from place to place.
Golden Voyages includes: six booklets filled with mini-adventures, an overall framing adventure, expanded rules on ships and sailing, details and background concerning topography, tribes, and new locations, and plenty of maps and player handouts; Monstrous Compendium pages detailing new monsters; a custom DM screen for use in all AL-QADIM games; and a poster map of the Crowded Sea.
- 1 Contents
- 1.1 Home Port: Wherein the Tale Begins
- 1.2 The Crowded Sea: al-Sartan
- 1.3 The Crowded Sea: Nada al-Hazan
- 1.4 The Crowded Sea: The Djinni's Claws
- 1.5 The Crowded Sea: The Steaming Isles
- 1.6 Map booklet
- 1.7 Monstrous Compendium Pages
- 2 Appendix
Home Port: Wherein the Tale Begins
A 32-page book. Includes an outline of the Golden Voyages campaign, the framing story encounters (beginning in the Pearl Cities), descriptions of the possible Great Treasure (the object of the adventure), expanded rules on ships and sailing, and background on the ways of Zakharan sailors. The last part of this booklet contains additional rules and background.
- Blade of Mastery • Book of Lore • The Crab God's Shell • Earring of Prince Mamoon • Judgment of Abd Hikmat • Oracle of the Hakima • Seal of Fate • Spear of the Wandering Legion • Umar al-Rubban's Suwar • Voice of the Great Lion
- Diyab al-Jaradi • Fayiz • Husam Ibn Aasim al-Zalim • Kerim • Mauj • Sultan Yusef bin Ahamad al-Wadi
- Referenced only
- Khalid al-Zayir • Umar al-Rubban
- Festival of the Pearl
- Baghla • Barijah • Boom (ship) • Sambuk • Zaruq
- Referenced only
The Crowded Sea: al-Sartan
A 16-page booklet. Describes the islands that form Jazayir al-Sartan. It includes descriptions of topography, tribes, and The Great and Dread God, an adventure set in these islands.
The Crowded Sea: Nada al-Hazan
A 16-page booklet. Covers the Nada al-Hazan (Strait of Sorrow) chain, including the trading port of Bandar al-Sa'adat. Two adventures, A Night in Town and The Isle of Sadness, are set in these islands.
The Crowded Sea: The Djinni's Claws
A 16-page booklet. Details the deadly archipelago known as the Djinni's Claws. Several small adventures, Servitude, Broken Talons, and Shark Food are set in these islands.
The Crowded Sea: The Steaming Isles
A 16-page booklet about the fog-shrouded and volcanic Steaming Isles, and the perils and treasures found there. Praise be the Loregiver is set on these islands.
A 16-page booklet containing maps used in the adventures, useful DM aids, deck plans, and player handouts for Golden Voyages.
Monstrous Compendium Pages
- Shannon Appelcline. ALQ1 Golden Voyages (2e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2014-04-16.