(Nig 11–Ham 20)
(Ham 21–Tar 15)
(Tar 16–Elei 15)
(Elei 16–Nig 10)
- Annual rainfall: 178 days
- Days with snow on ground: 0
The Golden Water was connected to the Great Sea through a narrow channel on its southern side. It was bordered by the nations of Var the Golden, Durpar, and Ulgarth, serving as part of the border between Durpar and Ulgarth.
Breezes from the Golden Water helped lower the sweltering temperature of the surrounding area by 20 degrees on average, accounting for the high density of cities found along its shores.
The Golden Water was actually responsible for inspiring the name of the Shining Lands. The waters of this bay possessed a high mineral content, literally making them shine in the sunlight. These waters were abundant with fish and other life forms. They also held rich pearl beds and beautiful red and purple coral reefs.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), pp. 53–54. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 92–93. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 65. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), pp. 53, 73. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Karen Wynn Fonstad (August 1990). The Forgotten Realms Atlas. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 978-0880388573.