The Great Rift was the traditional home of Faerûn's gold dwarves, though there was also a human city nearby, called Khôltar, until the Spellplague of 1385 DR. The country of 1,300,000 dwarves, gnomes, halflings, and humans was ruled by a monarchy from the capital of Underhome.
When the Spellplague hit in 1385 DR, the western half of the Great Rift collapsed into the Underdark, forming an enormous canyon called the Underchasm. What remained of the Great Rift became known as East Rift. Underhome was destroyed in the cataclysm and the capital was moved to Eartheart.
Specific prestige classesEdit
- Dwarves Sneak Peek
- Shining South
- Elminster Speaks Articles on Khôltar and surroundings from page 58 to 88
- More of the Shining South!
- Great Rift Portals
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 120. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 170. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 164. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Jak Koke (August 2009). The Edge of Chaos. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0-7869-5189-5.